Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Randomness

So, January One started this thing where she's making a completely random log cabin blanket. She labeled her colors and then used a random number generator to tell her how many rows/etc to do for each section.

I'm going to change it up a bit and make it totally random. I'm going to buy one ball each of every Pallete colour that Knit Picks has and label them 1-30 and then go to a random number generator and have it select the numbers for me which will assign the order in which the colours will be used. I truly need the practice in letting go. I have no idea if I will like the finished product or not...but you know...that's not the point.

I am not going to allow myself to rip back and start over just because I don't like the colour or the way the logs are shaping up or anything. It's going to be completely out of my hands (so to speak).

I have to wonder what this will turn into!