Saturday, May 20, 2006

Wedding Ring Shawl

Well, I had gotten through the first pattern repeat and decided I didn't like working this on size 1s (US). So...**deep breath**...it visited the frog pond. I've now redone the provisional section, and am up to four rows of the garter stitch on my size 0s (US). A bit frustrating, but I'd much rather do it now than get mostly finished and decide it just isn't right. No photos - there is no way I'm taking pictures of this with my camera phone. I am also working it on 16" circs because they were the only size 0s (US) that I had in the house.

I'm working on a special project while waiting for the LSSK KAL to start, as well as tackling the Over-the-Knee socks. I'm really looking forward to how those turn out, but I'm being really sporadic about it. I've gotten another row or two done on my Ark vest, but I just can't seem to bring myself to be passionate about it.

I've found that I love knitting, and there are some patterns out there that I really like; but, when it's patterns that someone else has written, I tend to really, really take my time doing them. Whereas, when it's something I'm designing or making up on the fly, I tend to be a lot more dedicated to the finish line. What's up with that?

Anyone else experience this same phenomenon?

This isn't to say that I don't use or complete patterns made by others, as several of my finished objects show. It's just that they don't seem to take centre stage while the ones I'm making do. Like I have to finish the project I have in mind before the creative juices stop flowing or something.

Anyway - looks like the lawn guy is going to bail again this weekend, and with all the rain we've had, it seems I have to go and find someone who's lawn mower I can borrow to get the grass under control. Too bad no one in my cove has a kid and a lawnmower, I'd pay the kid what I generally pay my lawn guy....oh well, cest la vie.

In addition, I have to write a paper this weekend. It's not like I didn't know about this for two weeks. I'm just really, really bad about procrastination. It's due by midnight Sunday, along with a discussion board response. **grimace** I'll get them done, it just really cramps my knitting/crocheting time...especially because there's a derby bout this Sunday, too. **chuckles**