Friday, May 05, 2006

Feliz Cinco de Mayo

And that's about all the Spanish you will get out of this Irish girl. **laughs** I suppose, given where I live, it would be a good thing to actually learn the language. One of these days.

I'm so happy happy.

Well, and kinda guilty, guilty.

Which to explain first?

**ponders**

Alrighty - the happy happy first....

Kate (she be aweseome) got me two most aweseome books from my wishlist:

Gossamer Webs Gossamer Webs by Carol R. Noble, Galina Khmeleva

Can I begin to even explain to you my happiness at this ?

Then we add to this wonderful gift the second book:

Gathering of Lace A Gathering of Lace by Meg Swansen


I'm soooo in heaven, right now.

As for my guilty feelings?

Well...I'm supposed to be on a yarn diet. But, I think I found the perfect yarn for the Honeymoon Cami from Knitty. It's an undyed rayon/silk blend from Interlacements and I think it would drape just wonderfully and it's in the ballpark for gauge. So...I had to make the order. It cost me a total of $23 and will make the entire cami from one hank - no joins!

Kiri is winding to a finish this weekend. I figure if I'm timing this right, I'll have it blocking by Sunday.

The WRS will then get underway for real. I have the provisional rows set up - yes, I'm running up a couple of rows of provisional yarn before starting the real deal as I like to have something to hold onto while I'm working. Odd, but there you have it.