Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Picovoli Fini

Well, I finished Picovoli last night. I was bored with the green and thought something a little contrasting would look nice. I dug through my scrap bin (a couple of boxes I keep full of scrap for when my neices or son get a wild hair and want to fool around with yarn, or I want to crochet squares/motifs) and found a really bright yellow that worked with the green/blue/lavendar/white in the Tahki yarn. I think it played out nicely. The only issue I had is that I had to make the shoulder section a "large", the bust section a "medium" and then decrease to a "small" for the waist and then come back out to a "large". Made for a lot of fussing. But, with the notes I took, the next one I make should be a lot easier. I'm planning on trying the next one in seed stitch. Should be interesting, especially around the decreases.





yarn   Tahki Tweedy Cotton Classic. Colourway 466, 100% cotton. 50g = 108yds.
The yellow was just some similar weight scrap I had and thought would look nice. Also 100% cotton.
needles  Size 5 US. Addi Turbo, 29".
Handcrafted Surina dpns size 5 US.
pattern  Picovoli by Grumperina in MagKnits.