Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Wedding Ring Shawl Begins

Alrighty. So. I really intended to devote myself to the SFCKAL, but I think I'm going to be the most horrific KAL member of all time. Why, you ask? Glad you asked.

I finally have all that I need to start my major project:

WRS stuff


I absolutely adore my markers made by Silvergoose. They arrived today.



The dark yarn that you see there is for the provisional cast on. The only laceweight I have around is either in use or heavily dyed and I didn't want to run the risk of having the dye come off onto my gossamer silk. That would be...well...not so good. Heart attack anyone? Yah. So. This stuff is going to wind up being a lacey scarf after I finish using it for my shawl.

Nervous doesn't begin to describe how I feel. As well as anxious and excited. This is the most difficult thing I have ever done. It's important to me for many, many reasons and I'm terrified I won't get it a) done and b) done right. However, I am determined to do my best and that starts tonight.

Please, excuse the caca pics. My camera is still on the fritz and I'm having to use my phone.