Monday, March 12, 2007

Well, how do you like them apples?

So, update time.

I have a new job with QLogic as a DVT Engineer. It's going to be challenging and I just hope I can do the job to meet my expectation - and theirs. They are taking a chance on me and I seriously appreciate it.

As for news in my current (soon to be old) job...they decide to give all the Converged group their walking papers....and then expect us to train their lackies that they send down from Denver in a week's time frame. *eyeroll* Yeah...This network is complicated, people. What part of that aren't they understanding? It's not just "MPLS". It's not just "VPLS". It's not just "frame". It's not just "IP". It's not just "ATM". It's not just "POS". It's all of it and more...in one big, Gordian nightmare. The device is flaky on a good day, the "solutions" we have in place are cludgy and horrific to follow...and you know what? I don't give a flying fig about if they are trained or not. It was their infinite wisdom that had them lay off the whole team - they can suck it up and learn it the hard way, in my opinion. I'm certainly not going to go out of my way to impart the knowledge in my head when they obviously felt it wasn't necessary to the wellbeing of the company to keep it.

And, if they don't like it - well, I really don't have to be here the next week.

Sour grapes, much? Hell yeah.

But, I'm bouncing off the walls excited about QLogic....nervous as all get out - but excited too. It's just such a grand opportunity and I don't wanna mess it up.