Friday, August 04, 2006

Frog Pond Visit

Well, I doubt many of you remember the Clover Socks I was working on. Suffice to say, they were a tad too small so they had to visit the frog pond last night. **weeps** Oh well. I've never had to make socks bigger around that 64 stitches, but there's a first time for everything. I should have known better, but I didn't. So, it looks like I need to make filler sections for each side of the sock...about 5 stitches each side should do it, I believe.

The surprise project I'm working on is moving along nicely. The WRS shawl has stalled out. The last thing you want to do when you are hacking up a lung is work on something that fine. You want something mindless (or fairly mindless) and gossamer silk work is anything but mindless.

I've been very ill the last couple of weeks, but seem to be overcoming it - for which I'm extremely greatful.

I've also resumed my affair with DAoC. I had disappeared from the game for quite some time, but I'm back now - for a little while anyway. I got a private message in game, last night...someone asking if I were the "real Dremmavae". I nearly responded with, "Well, as real as any of us get in a fantasy world like this." Instead I just laughed and said yes. I feel particularly frustrated because they then proceded to ramble at me for some time and shower me with great and grand praise (admittedly, my shaman used to have quite the name on the server)...it wasn't the showering of praise that made me frustrated....it was the fact that I could not, for the life of me, place who the heck the person was who was talking to me. **shakes head** Oh well.

My guy has been super busy, lately, doing data center moves and such. He's also about to take over a project that's going to "kick [his] ass" to use his terms. I know it sounds selfish, but it has me wondering how much of the already rare time I get with him will be lost. I know he will still try to make time for me, and I'm just being selfish, right now...I'm sure I'll get over it - and once he's settled into the new project things will most likely right themselves. I hope.

On a positive note, I got a promotion at work. Not exactly sure WHAT kind of promotion, since I never got any form of official communication or anything. Have to just love a company that takes over a year to approve a promotion - and then never tells you about it....and I have no idea when the pay increase will show up in my paycheck - or if I even got a pay increase. How do you like them apples? **laughs** Ah, well...cest la vie.

For a bit of amusing oddity: