Wednesday, May 10, 2006

What a find! ... all over again

I forgot I had this...How many of you subscribe to the "that space is big enough, let me shove this yarn in it" type of stash maintenance? I try really hard not to do that, but sometimes I succumb. Well, yesterday, LokiLoki was looking out the window, which requires his perching on the back of the couch so he can see over the brick garden enclosure. He does this often, and it's adorable to see. He just loves the upper back of the couch, period. Anyway, he was looking out the window when the mailman came and Loki knocked over my lamp in his hurry to go protect the door from that vicious man in blue. **shakes head** What a goob.

He broke the lamp and I had to move the side table to pick up the pieces. When I did, guess what fell from between the couch and the side table? Yarn! Lovely, gorgeous, amazing lace yarn I had purchased ages ago and stuffed there because I had nowhere else to put it. I had totally forgotten I had it. It had sat there so long there was a serious layer of dust on the bag it is in. I think, maybe kinda sorta, that I have found the yarn I will be doing the KAL in, or a Pi shawl. It's multicoloured, so I'm not sure how it would work for the LSSK's lace project. But, mmmm I love this colourway!! **laughs** I would show it to you, but it's still sealed up and I want to keep it that way until I use it; and, I can't find it listed at the store, right now. However, they have very lovely stuff if you want to check them out. Head on over to San Felipe Santiago and browse around. It's worth the visit.

I just had to share...it's almost as good as buying it all over again.