Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Meme

1. How old do you wish you were?
The age I am...now, if I just didn't look it ;-)

2. Where were you when 9/11 happened?
At work watching it on webfeed and trying to wrap my mind around the fact that it wasn't a hoax...especially considering I had loved ones in NYC and the Pentagon.

3. What do you do when vending machines steal your money?
Nothing much - maybe pop the machine if I'm in a mood...

4. What did you eat for breakfast today?
A bowl of oatmeal and a donut. Shhhhh!! Don't remind me that I've been griping about gaining weight...I'm already complaining to myself about my lack of self control.

5. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be?
Um...well...I'm already contemplating another one, which would be actually an extension/partial coverup of one I already have. It's on my left ankle.

6. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be?
Irish Gaelige and Spanish...yes, yes....I live in Texas and can't speak a lick of Spanish - shame on me.

7. Do you know your neighbors?
I sure do. When you live in a cove where all the houses have at least one motorcylce - you talk. **grins** We are actually making noises about a weekend neighborhood ride.

8. What do you consider a vacation?
A "real" vacation is me (and the person of my choice) away from work, home, phone, computer or any other ties to work or other such things in a place that was not picked by work, etc. Ie. Going to someplace on a business trip and taking my partner of choice along NOT a vacation. Going to Mexico/Belize/some place in the middle of nowhere with my partner of choice for no other reason than to get away and be WITH my partner of choice...that's a vacation

9. Do you follow your horoscope?
Not particularly - though I will read it from time to time and do have a rather unusual approach to the whole thing.

10. Would you move for the person you loved?
Yes

11. Are you touchy feely?
To a degree with friends and very much so with my sweetheart. I can't get enough physical contact with him...I'll find any excuse to touch him. ;-)

12. Do you believe that opposites attract?
Depends.

13. What is your dream job?
No idea. Once something becomes an actual JOB a lot of the enjoyment of doing it is kinda taken out of it...But if I went with what I thought I might be able to enjoy even after that leeching occured, it would have to be making drums.

14. Favorite place to go on weekends?
Moviehouse, lunch out with D and just hanging and talking, walks with the dogs...and the parks/lake

15. Do you prefer showers or baths?
Depends on what I'm wanting to accomplish.

16. Do you paint your nails?
occasionally, yes

17. Do you trust people easily?
Not particularly

18. What are your phobias (or fears)?
Spiders, bridges without shoulders

19. Do you want kids?
Have one...have to admit that the thought of adding to that isn't horrific. :-P

20. Do you keep a handwritten journal?
Yes

21. Where would you rather be right now?
With my guy, curled up in bed and teasing him awake - he does enjoy how I wake him up...he's so cute when he's grumpy in the morning (someone doesn't wake up on the sunny side)

22. Who makes you feel guilty?
Me. I'm really good at it.

23. Heavy or light sleeper?
Depends

24. Are you paranoid?
Should I be?

25. Are you impatient?
Indeed, I can be.

26. Have you been burned by love?
Repeatedly burned by infatuation.

27. What’s your main ring tone on your phone?
Fast Cars and Freedom

28. What were you doing at midnight last night?
Sleeping

29. What did the last text message on your cell phone say?
"Are you watching the game?"

30. Whose bed did you sleep in last night?
Mine - alone, unfortunately.

31. What color shirt are you wearing?
black

32. Most recent movie that you watched?
Thank You for Smoking

33. Name 3 things that you have on you at all times?
belly ring, and nipple rings (tattoos and nostril ring also :-P)

34. What’s the color of your bed sheets?
I have more than one set **chuckles** The ones on the bed at the moment are burnt orange.

35. How much cash do you have on you right now?
Zero

36. What's your favorite town/city?
Chipping Norton, UK


(This is the pub at the corner of the street that I lived on)

37. I can't wait to (til)...?
I refuse to answer this on the grounds that it could incriminate me

38. Who got you to start blogging?
BriarHill

39. What did you have for dinner last night?
I think I forgot to eat last night.

40. How long have you been at your current job?
A year

41. Who is the last person you spent over $50 on?
My sweetheart's niece (yarn for her shawl)

42. What's the last piece of clothing you borrowed from someone?
um...I really don't borrow clothing

43. What website(s) do you visit the most during the day?
http://www.ARIN.net
http://www.bloglines.com/ [all my feeds come here]
http://www.schrodingerskittie.com
http://www.gmail.com

44. Do you have an air freshener in your car?
No

45. Do you have plants in your house?
Yes. Several.

46. Does anything hurt on your body right now?
Not particularly - but that's because I've been a bad girl and avoided the gym the last couple of weeks. As of today, that changes.

47. What city was your last taxi cab ride in?
Chicago..wait, that was limo...does that count? Taxi...Oh, it was here in Austin like three years ago.

48. Do you own a camera phone?
Yes, only because trying to get one WITHOUT a camera means getting a cheap piece of crap that doesn't work for anything.

49. If you could choose, how would you die?
However it happens, I just hope it's quick.

50. Do you miss anyone?
Yah...

51. Do you know how to swim?
You betcha.

52. Do you know how to skate?
Yes.

53. Do you know how to snowboard?
um...well...I attempted to learn. I'll stick to skis, thanks all the same. :-)

54. Did you do sports in high school?
Yes - basketball and volleyball and raquetball.

55. If you could have one wish come true, what would it be?
I decline to answer this based on how very personal the answer would be.