Saturday, March 04, 2006

Ribbit, ribbit

Well, after another count, I discovered I was 9 stitches short on my Ark vest...*headdesk* So...what does it look like, now? You got it. It's gone poof! I ripped it all out and re-wound the yarn. In the middle of doing so, the red snapped. One of the colours I was already worried about running too short on. So, I have to order another ball of it. I am just 100% not comfortable with how little yarn I have in that colour.

In good news, I got a bit done on the clover socks, Picovoli and Kiri. The hide is soaking for the drum, laundry was done, calphalon was scrubbed an put away, and friends were visited with.

So, while I'm frustrated with the Ark, I'm happy with the rest.

I'm hoping I can get the hide softened tomorrow, and then will have to cut it and the lace Monday night. My biggest concern is getting the artwork right.

**glares at the re-wound yarn and sighs** I hate having to start over, but it's the right thing to do. I would never have a) fit into the vest or b) been happy with it if I had left it how it was.

Sorry for no pictures, but my camera battery has died and I can't find the charger. :-(