Saturday, September 17, 2005

Sometimes I need prodding to finish a project...

I have never posted any of the projects that I'm working on, but I'm finding myself being a slacker lately and figure if I'm giving you guys a preview of what I'm attempting to complete - well - I have to finish ;-)


Unfortunately, the battery died on my camera before I could take photos of the cabled sweater I'm working on in a rather wild colorway that is going to have solid ivory cables on the sleeves....the cables kinda hide on the body, but I still think it's interesting....once the battery is functioning again, I'll post photos of it.


Anyway - here are my first ever WIPs posted here ... and, interestingly enough, the first lace projects I've ever worked....



This is the close up of the Bell pattern.



This is the shawl with a CD in the photo for size. I still have quite a ways to go.


The Bell is being made with Ornaghi Filati Bamboo yarn from One Fine Yarn. The bamboo I was finding at my local LYS was just too rough. This one is silky with a nice shine.



This is the close up of the Ethereal Fichu.



This has a quarter in it so you can see the size. I've got a long, long way to go.



This is the yarn I'm using for the Ethereal Fichu. I discovered it at my LYS and fell in love.


The Ethereal Fichu is the first pattern I've ever worked from a chart only. I've found I'm having problems and have to contact the wonderful designer and see if she's ok with me making copies of it so I can highlight what rows I've finished.