Friday, September 01, 2006

Sock Class in Austin

Alrighty...I've had a few requests for sock classes so I figure I'll put one together and see how many responses I get, then decide where to have it based on that number.

What I would teach in this class is a basic sock on 5 dpns. I don't do circular sock knitting as it completely does not appeal to me.

I would instruct on:

Cuff down with heel flap
Toe up with short row toe and heel
Toe up with turkish toe and afterthought heel
Creating your own sock

This should offer the student the ability to mix and match parts to create their own styles for the final sock.

Either leave a comment or email me privately if you would like to be part of this series of classes. I don't feel you have to know how to knit in the round to join this series. If anything is well suited to learning how to knit in the round, socks certainly are.