Friday, August 18, 2006

Illness = Sock frenzy?

I'm not sure what is going on with all this illness I've been fighting. Generally when I'm ill I have no desire to work on anything. I know it's strange, but I tend to feel that my mental/physical state is absorbed into my work...especially when it's stitch work. However, this latest bought of illness has been odd. I don't feel bad. I just can't stop coughing. My lungs hurt, but that's about it...other than the frustration.

I made the fastest sock I've ever made during this time frame. I'm generally pretty slow knitting because I am so not project monogamous. I have so many projects going it's surreal.



 







yarn  

Steinbach Wolle Strappaz Cotton Effekt

Colourway: 1

Dye Lot: 63482

Size: 50g/140m

Composition: 45% cotton, 42% wool, 13% polymide


needles  

Size 0 US

Clover Bamboo set of 5 DPNs


pattern 

Wendy's Feather and Fan toe up sock.
One skein of yarn makes one sock.



I do better on socks when I alternate, so I started another set for my mom for Christmas (yeah, early start). This one actually went faster than the feather and fan above. I got it finished within a day (started the day of this post and finished Saturday). It's all stretched out on my foot because my mom's is smaller than mine, but you get the idea.


Friday

Saturday







yarn  

Nature's Pallete

Colourways: Chocolate (NP114) and Odd Duck#5

Dye Lot: 316 and 216

Size: 50g/185yds

Composition: 100% merino wool


needles  

Size 0 US

Clover Bamboo set of 5 DPNs


pattern 

My own. Garter stitch toe and afterthought heel.
Toe and heel and cuff are done in the chocolate. The rest in the Odd Duck.



So, yeah, that's what I've been doing all week. Oh, I attempted to go to work, yesterday....my boss made me go home. I'm still waiting to hear from my doctor on if there are any cancelations for today so I can get in to see them to figure out what's going on. The last time this happened, I wound up with bronchial pneumonia. I'd really rather avoid going through that again. Nasty stuff.

So, I'm going back to my knitting and figure I'll leave work to its own devices.