Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Irish Hiking and SFCKAL

So, a gal friend of mine is getting ready to head to Virginia to celebrate her birthday. I decided to make her a set of wrist warmers, the Irish Hiking Scarf and a matching headband since she hates hats but wants something to keep her ears warm. The headband will be my own design. The wrist warmers are from the Irish Hiking Scarf Knit Along post. They turned out really well and only took an hour each to make. Such a difference working on larger yarn makes.

I will be taking photos tonight and uploading them tomorrow. I either really need to get a floppy drive for one of my home computers, or break down and buy a new camera. :-( I really, really like my current camera, though.

The gals on the SFCKAL obligingly provided the information required for the vest I had chosen to make. I think instead of going with all 39 colors, I'm going to do it in two colors with and interesting twist on the pattern. We'll see. Either way, it's going to set me back around $75. *grimace* But, how can I resist? I'll find a way to make it work. The idea to go with just two or three colors was brilliant. It winds up saving me around $30. Who can argue with that kind of savings?